A virtual private cloud (VPC): is a configurable cloud space of shared computing resources (CPU, Databases, and applications) allocated within a public cloud environment, providing a certain level of isolation between the different organizations (denoted as users hereafter) using the resources.
By creating a dedicated VPC, the organization replaces its IT setup by the VPC setup which delegate all the IT work (maintenance, upgrades, cybersecurity) to the cloud organization.
Why a VPC
Hosting your applications and data in a virtual private cloud has multiple benefits helping your business achieve agility, smooth increased innovation, and faster growth.
- Flexible business growth: as the cloud infrastructure is virtual and elastics, all extension/reduction of resources, system computing, database are deployed dynamically, without interruption of services, so you can easily adapt to changes in business needs.
- High availability of service: The high availability of VPC environments is guaranteed by the cloud hosting company (amazon in our case) enables reliable online experiences to the customer and increase trust in your brand.
- Reduced risk on the data: VPCs enjoy high levels of security at the instance or subnet level, or both. This gives you peace of mind and increases the trust of your customers.
- System Security: Amazon VPC provides advanced security features, such as security groups and network access control lists, to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance and subnet level..
- Disaster recovery: By using Amazon VPC implemented by Isofthorizon for disaster recovery, you can have all the benefits of a disaster recovery site at a fraction of the cost. You can periodically backup critical data from your datacenter to a small number of Amazon EC2 instances with Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes, or import your virtual machine.
Isofthorizon as partner of Amazon Web Services will support you to deploy your VPC configure it according to your requirements.